I realised, last weekend, that it was that time of year again… When the weather turns just enough for me to head to our storage unit and pick up my Winter clothes. This is one of the many joys of living in a small apartment- each time the weather turns I pull out clothes I’d completely forgotten about. (We follow The Minimalists way of life – owning less is more and we eat out every night!) #winning
Michael Kors once said – “Learn to invest in the best quality you can afford and wear pieces in different ways”. Living in a small apartment – mixing and matching investment pieces is key.
Take these Bardot wide leg pants for example. I fell in love with this particular style during Autumn last year – I ended up buying two pairs in the white and another pair in the black. Since then I’ve styled these in far too many different ways to remember – with cute cropped tops and heels, a basic tee and Adidas Superstars to this look which I’ve styled up with a Winter knit, boots and a belt.
When selecting these key investment pieces for your wardrobe, I’ve got a few tips I use when purchasing to ensure i’ll be wearing them again and again and again:
- Don’t spend big on the trends. Each season new trends come and then go just as fast as they came.
- Know how to dress for your body shape. Learn how to dress to highlight your best assets and you’ll be oozing confidence in no time.
- Lifestyle – What do you spend the majority of time doing? Then tailor your investment purchases to your lifestyle.
- Versatility – Can it take you from Summer to Winter?
- Fit. Does it fit you perfectly? I quite often find myself taking newly purchased items to a tailor. This makes a world of difference.
Photographer | Laurie Young